Intercultural CompetenceBook now
Successful intercultural communication requires a conscious approach to foreign cultures. A high level of empathy, cultural sensitivity and frustration tolerance are crucial for this. Participants will receive important suggestions and practical recommendations in this regard. Many exercises and examples serve as illustrations.
- Perceiving and expanding boundaries
- Different values, norms and working methods; gaining understanding of other points of view
- Other countries - other customs
- Culture shock: what surprises can you expect?
- Understanding one's own cultural imprint and sensitisation to one's own cultural values and norms
- Understanding the cultural differences of the interacting partners
- Understanding the peculiarities of intercultural communication processes
- Intercultural competence = willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate at the Meta level
- Preparation for an assignment abroad
- Simulation of everyday situations
- Exercises and case studies
- Exchange of experiences and discussion
- Short trainer inputs
- Moderated discussion
Our seminar Intercultural Competence is aimed at specialists and managers from commercial enterprises of all sizes and sectors as well as from public administrations.
Economic and business life is becoming increasingly international. The exchange of goods, services and information between countries is becoming faster and smoother. Nevertheless, certain limits remain: linguistic and also in terms of customs and rules.
Companies that frequently deal with foreign countries should be familiar with their customs and country-specific practices. Intercultural competence describes the ability to interact successfully with people from another culture. In a process of globalization, intercultural competence is more important than ever.
Experience has shown that the high quality of goods alone is not enough for a successful business transaction. The contractual partners must also get along with each other on an interpersonal level. If you have an intercultural background, you will be able to understand the different
- linguistic nuances
- belief systems
- ways of life
of foreign peoples. This has a positive effect on cooperation. Because your foreign business partners or customers will feel fully understood.
Intercultural experience is demonstrated in acting effectively and appropriately in unfamiliar situations. For example, correctly interpreting body language in other cultures and behaving accordingly.
In the training Intercultural Competence you will receive important suggestions and practical recommendations on how to approach people from foreign societies and how to adjust to them. This requires a high level of empathy and cultural sensitivity - our training program and exercises aim to awaken and expand these skills in you.
The two-day cultural management advanced training has a strong practical orientation. There is also the opportunity for intensive exchange with the trainer and the other participants.
Thanks to a small group size of a maximum of nine participants, the leadership training is very much geared to individual learning needs. The focus is on the following topics, among others:
- Definition: What is intercultural competence?
- How do you develop intercultural competence?
- Let's go international: Other countries - other customs. How can you best adapt to them?
- Culture shock: What surprises should you expect?
- Avoiding putting your foot in your mouth: What signals do you need to pay special attention to?
- Requirements for successful cooperation with international partners
- Presenting in a foreign language
- Understanding the specifics of intercultural communication processes
- Concrete preparation for the assignment abroad
During the seminar Intercultural Competence possible insecurities and fears are reduced. Instead, you will be taught a constructive basic attitude to face the cultural diversity of foreign countries with openness and appreciation.
You will receive suggestions to expand your cultural knowledge with regard to communication, dialogue management and joint activities. Through practical recommendations, you will learn to manage challenges and conflicts yourself or through local mediators. The goal of this leadership training is for you to develop empathy for intercultural competence above all.
Dates and Locations( 4 Dates )
Video of seminar
All seminars on the topic
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Female Leadership