Pit stop leadership
What makes you successful? Where can you further strengthen and expand your competencies? This seminar gives you the opportunity to analyze together with other experienced managers where you currently stand as a manager. Not only do you have to implement your projects and manage your technical issues, but you also take on de facto responsibility for your employees. Reflect on your leadership style and get constructive feedback on your behavior and impact. The coaching-based approach of the seminar helps you to position yourself even more successfully as a leader.
Vitality and innovation:
- Reflection on your own actions as a leader
- Defining goals regarding your leadership role
- Developing your own change competence: Organizational development
- Your personal development path
- Determining your position as a leader
- Leading yourself
- Involving the personal environment as coach and mentor
- Conflict management
Relationship skills in business:
- Trainer and participant feedback on your impact
- Strengthen motivation of yourself and others
- New impulses for your work as a leader
The implementation in practice:
- New impulses for your everyday management
- Specific recommendations for action
- Individual leadership style analysis
In this seminar you will analyze your leadership style together with other executives and further develop your competencies.
- You will develop important competencies as a leader based on your own reflection and participant feedback
- You will learn how to develop your personal path for the future
- You will learn valuable tips and tricks on how to deal with conflicts confidently
- You will receive new impulses and ideas for your position as a manager for long-term success
- Exercise examples
- Moderated discussion
- Short trainer inputs
- Exchange of experiences and discussion
- Case studies
The training is aimed at managers who have been leading employees for several years with the goal of reflecting on their own actions and, if necessary, optimizing them.
Information about Pit stop leadership
In motor racing, vehicles have to stop again and again briefly during a race so that the crew can change a tire or make minor repairs. This is called a pit stop. In Formula 1, the short stop usually never lasts longer than two seconds. Mistakes made during the pit stop can make the difference between victory and defeat - or at least influence the driver's position in the race.
Transferred to the business world, the interruption of the business "competition" from time to time is useful for reflecting on one's own actions as a leader. In the Leadership Seminar, pit stop coaching replaces the crew in Formula 1: within a very short time, a leadership style fresh-up is achieved. Afterwards, the race continues at full speed.
The pit stop for executives offers the chance to pause for two days and receive fresh impetus. Through our seminar program as well as through feedback from the trainer and participants, you will be encouraged to redefine the expectations you have of yourself. This will enable you to position yourself even more successfully as a leader.
The following points are the focus of our leadership course:
- Determining your position as a leader: Headship
- Connecting responsibility with leadership
- Leading yourself
- Using potentials and resources
- Recognizing and applying power and leadership as a constructive interaction
- Outlook: Your personal development path for the next 5 years
- Develop a vision, set goals and realize them
- Develop new strategies in dealing with others How can I inspire employees to achieve goals?
- Involving the personal environment as a coach and mentor
- Managing conflicts confidently - the executive as conflict manager
- Strengthening the motivation of oneself and others
The management seminar is very individualized due to a small group size of maximum nine participants. The exercises also have a strong practical relevance, so that the contents of the workshop can be quickly integrated into your everyday work.
During the leadership workshop you will learn effective methods to better assess yourself and others. Self-reflection and reflection on others help you to view different situations from different perspectives.
The focus continues to be on how you can exert a positive influence in your position and with your leadership qualities in order to successfully align employees with the company's goals and tasks.
Video about Pit stop leadership
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Intercultural competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Agreements on targets and bonuses