Virtual leadershipBook now
Leading employees from a distance
The aim of the seminar is to provide managers with methods and tools to lead employees and teams successfully and efficiently across spatial distances. Even a virtual team has to learn to grow together.
- What is virtual leadership?
- How does virtual leadership differ from traditional leadership?
- Creating identification over distance
- Dealing with the feeling of isolation and distance
- Strong communicative competence
- Working together on a task; despite spatial separation
- Bottleneck factors: distance and communication
- Which leadership tools are available to you?
- Which technical possibilities can compensate for the lack of conventional management structures?
- Can emails put across your managerial aims effectively?
- How do you use the available communication tools optimally?
- Video conferencing, teleconferencing, same-time messaging, Skype - what to use for what?
- Find a way that fits your infrastructure and your team
- Employee motivation from a distance - but how?
- Putting social rituals in place
- Virtual team development
- Defining team roles
- Resources for practical implementation and practical examples
- Moderated exercise sequences
- Exchange of experiences and discussion
- Reflection on one's own leadership style
- Short trainer inputs
- Simulation of everyday situations
The seminar virtual leadership is aimed at everyone who works in a virtual team or leads a virtual team.
Proactive leadership at a distance is becoming increasingly important. On the one hand, the growing internationalization of the economy requires new forms of communication. Both within companies and in relationships with business partners and customers.
For another, the Corona pandemic has made the home office a common model for office workers. Everyone now owns the necessary work tools - laptop and smartphone. Cloud-based data can be accessed from anywhere.
One thing is certain: Virtual exchange, telecommuting and employee management are increasingly important components of day-to-day company life. In concrete terms, this means that several people have to be accompanied and guided in their work across a spatial distance. Employees are motivated primarily through language and an appropriate choice of words.
A drawback of managing employees virtually is the impersonal communication. But for companies and their employees, there are a number of advantages of working remotely. To name a few:
- Country-dependent or local expert knowledge can be used from anywhere
- Keyword outsourcing - saving costs through the outsourcing of company departments
- More flexible working hours
- Higher employee satisfaction through a better work-life balance
It is important to mention: Leading remotely is not the same as leading a team under traditional conditions. As a manager, you need special knowledge for virtual communication. This will be imparted to you in this seminar, among others.
On both days of the leadership seminar, we will provide you with methods and tools so that you can confidently master the success factors of leadership at a distance in the future. This includes assessing your own group and team situation and self-reflection as a leader. Furthermore, dealing with language in the virtual space: How you can win over the audience and have a motivating effect.
Here is an overview of the key points of the program:
- Definition: what is virtual leadership?
- How does leadership at a distance differ from traditional leadership styles?
- Forms of virtual collaboration with regard to different countries and time zones
- Working together on a task/project - despite physical separation
- Possible communicative difficulties when leading in times of home office
- Important requirements and tools for remote leadership
- Skype or Zoom - which is the best communication tool for video or telephone conferences?
- Successfully leading and developing virtual teams; defining team roles
- Helpful methods to establish social rituals
The training also includes a lot of practical exercises and case work as well as the exchange of experiences with the trainer and the other participants. In this way, what is learned can be easily integrated into everyday work.
The group is kept small, with a maximum of nine participants, so that the individual situation of each person can be addressed.
In the virtual leadership seminar, you will learn how to use specific facilitation techniques to shape successful and profitable collaboration. As a manager, you will reflect on your own expectations and receive effective support to master challenges and conflicts confidently with the virtual team.
Dates and Locations( 9 Dates )
Video of seminar
All seminars on the topic
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Intercultural Competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Female Leadership