Communication and social competence for managers
In this seminar you will be familiarized with the most important communication techniques. Further, you will receive essential feedback on your own communication behaviour and style. Alternative communication strategies will be considered and worked on.
Having successful conversations:
- How do I communicate? Self-reflection of the inner attitude
- Knowing your own communication style: Where do I repeatedly encounter conflicts in conversations?
- Self-perception and perception of others: unconscious communication patterns
- Competence training and social competence
- Training empathy skills to improve social competence
Basics of better communication:
- Distinguish between factual and relationship levels
- Increasing knowledge of human nature: the different views of people
- Controlling conversations through questioning techniques - controlling one's own behavior
- The most important communication traps
- How do I communicate without conflict?
- Messages: I-, you- and we-messages
- Active listening
Difficult conversation situations: Dealing with feelings:
- The most important "soft factors": hiding or showing feelings?
- Communicating tactically or authentically?
- Asserting goals and being accepted
- The mutual influence
- The relationship between emotion and reason
- Manipulate or convince?
In this seminar, you will learn how to effectively conduct employee and staff reviews for long-term and profitable success.
- You will learn the basics of optimal interpersonal communication to effectively convey your message to customers or employees
- You will understand the influence of emotions and be able to use them in a targeted manner
- You will apply what you have learned directly with the help of role plays in order to convince confidently in practical conversations
- You understand the most important characteristics of a good communication partner and put them into practice
- Reflection on one's own leadership style
- Short trainer inputs
- Moderated exercise sequences
- Case studies
The seminar communication and social competence for managers is aimed at specialists and managers from business enterprises of all sizes and sectors as well as from public administration.
Information about Communication and social competence for managers
Often also referred to as soft skills, social competence represents the totality of those professional competencies that link personal action goals with the attitudes and values of a heterogeneous group. In this sense, it is possible to have a positive effect on employee motivation and thus improve the overall working atmosphere in the long term. The concept of social competence can be further subdivided to include skills such as tolerance, critical faculties and assertiveness. Soft skills are a widespread prerequisite for demanding jobs in the working world today.
Work groups and their individuals are more diverse today than ever before. For managers, this means always having to make compromises in order to balance as many interests as possible. Without the presence of key social components, this would be virtually impossible. However, soft skills are also indispensable in other areas and are conducive to attributes such as networking, negotiating and leadership. Key social skills also have an influence on conflict prevention and the conduct of discussions.
In order to be able to respond optimally to each participant, the groups are kept small. A maximum of nine people belong to each block. Over the course of two days, participants learn important leadership techniques, conflict resolution and communication improvement. By the way, the focus is always on practical relevance.
In the communication and social skills for managers seminar, you will learn socially competent behaviors that you will be taught in numerous exercises. You will also learn what types of employee leadership exist and improve your communication through clear instructions. You will always be accompanied by our coaches with many years of experience, so that you achieve verifiable learning progress.
Video about Communication and social competence for managers
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Intercultural competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Agreements on targets and bonuses