Successful collaboration in international teams requires an awareness of how people perceive, feel, think and act in other cultures. A high level of empathy, cultural sensitivity and understanding are prerequisites for this. Participants will receive important suggestions and practical recommendations for working together in intercultural teams. Bring your experience from teamwork with you - and learn in this intercultural training how you can also successfully shape cooperation with international teams. Multinational environments offer you opportunities that you can develop further in this interactive training based on numerous practical examples. Your awareness of your own cultural understanding will be sharpened and you will learn how to avoid cultural "stumbling blocks". In this way, you will be sustainably successful in an intercultural environment.
Conscious perception of one's own culture:
- Understanding one's own cultural imprint and one's own values and norms.
- Developing an understanding of cultural differences and our own patterns of action
- Peculiarities of intercultural communication processes
- Other countries - other customs?: Perceiving and expanding boundaries
- What to do in case of "culture shock"?
- Communication - creating a medium that is supported by everyone
- Creating trust and rituals
- Behavior at social occasions - which faux pas can be avoided?
- Differences in mentality and dealing with unfamiliar conventions
- Case studies
Understanding cultural dimensions:
- Intercultural communication processes - Intercultural learning readiness
- Recognizing central characteristics of different cultures
- Working in multinational teams - more than the sum of individuals
- Factors that determine success - and failure
- Team development - in a cultural context
After this seminar you will be prepared for successful cooperation in international teams.
- You recognize your own values and norms and are thus better able to deal with external perceptions
- You deal with different cultural dimensions in order to sensitize yourself
- You will receive valuable tips and tricks for optimal communication in international teams
- Simulation of everyday situations
- Exercises and case studies
- Exchange of experiences and discussion
- Short trainer inputs
- Moderated discussion
Our seminar Intercultural Competence is aimed at specialists and managers from commercial enterprises of all sizes and sectors as well as from public administrations.
Information about Intercultural competence
Economic and business life is becoming increasingly international. The exchange of goods, services and information between countries is becoming faster and smoother. Nevertheless, certain limits remain: linguistic and also in terms of customs and rules.
Companies that frequently deal with foreign countries should be familiar with their customs and country-specific practices. Intercultural competence describes the ability to interact successfully with people from another culture. In a process of globalization, intercultural competence is more important than ever.
Experience has shown that the high quality of goods alone is not enough for a successful business transaction. The contractual partners must also get along with each other on an interpersonal level. If you have an intercultural background, you will be able to understand the different
- linguistic nuances
- belief systems
- ways of life
of foreign peoples. This has a positive effect on cooperation. Because your foreign business partners or customers will feel fully understood.
Intercultural experience is demonstrated in acting effectively and appropriately in unfamiliar situations. For example, correctly interpreting body language in other cultures and behaving accordingly.
In the training Intercultural Competence you will receive important suggestions and practical recommendations on how to approach people from foreign societies and how to adjust to them. This requires a high level of empathy and cultural sensitivity - our training program and exercises aim to awaken and expand these skills in you.
The two-day cultural management advanced training has a strong practical orientation. There is also the opportunity for intensive exchange with the trainer and the other participants.
Thanks to a small group size of a maximum of nine participants, the leadership training is very much geared to individual learning needs. The focus is on the following topics, among others:
- Definition: What is intercultural competence?
- How do you develop intercultural competence?
- Let's go international: Other countries - other customs. How can you best adapt to them?
- Culture shock: What surprises should you expect?
- Avoiding putting your foot in your mouth: What signals do you need to pay special attention to?
- Requirements for successful cooperation with international partners
- Presenting in a foreign language
- Understanding the specifics of intercultural communication processes
- Concrete preparation for the assignment abroad
During the seminar Intercultural Competence possible insecurities and fears are reduced. Instead, you will be taught a constructive basic attitude to face the cultural diversity of foreign countries with openness and appreciation.
You will receive suggestions to expand your cultural knowledge with regard to communication, dialogue management and joint activities. Through practical recommendations, you will learn to manage challenges and conflicts yourself or through local mediators. The goal of this leadership training is for you to develop empathy for intercultural competence above all.
Video about Intercultural competence
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Agreements on targets and bonuses
- Health management
- Recruit and retain employees