Our cognitive processes and the resulting decisions are often overlayed and influenced by emotions. In this seminar you will learn which assumptions your brain makes, why it makes the decisions it does and how knowledge about them, as well as the conscious and considered handling of your emotions makes you an even better leader. After this seminar you will be able to design your leadership role consciously and successfully.
- Neuroleadership - a symbiosis of brain research and business research
- Why the image of "Homo Oeconomicus" is only half the truth
- Leading with heart and mind
- Do feelings control our thinking?
- How can I perceive my environment in a more considered way?
- The idea of humans as 'brain-controlled'
- Increased performance through emotional motivation of employees
- How are cognition, emotion and motivation connected?
- Increasing employee motivation and the integration of neuroscientific findings
- Why we often can't allow our emotions...
- Which processes control your management behaviour?
- What are the basisc principles of logical thinking?
- The principles of success in neuroleadership
- Concrete guidelines for the "Neuroleader
- Resources at a glance
After this seminar, they will be able to successfully apply neuroscientific findings to practical situation.
- You will become familiar with the basics of neuroleadership in order to successfully put them into practice
- You will learn how to motivate your employees in the long term with the help of neuroleadership
- You will understand the connections between emotion, cognition and motivation and be able to use them in a targeted manner
- Moderated discussion
- Reflection on one's own leadership style
- Case studies
- Trainer input
- Interactive and experience-oriented exchange
The neuroleadership seminar is aimed at anyone who wants to further improve their leadership skills and behaviour.
Video about Neuroleadership
- Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Intercultural competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Agreements on targets and bonuses
- Health management
- Recruit and retain employees
- Environmental Social Governance