Constellations often arise in everyday life in which employees assume leadership responsibility for several colleagues without a formal supervisor function. Natural authority, respect and recognition help to master this task. Those who manage to motivate colleagues to take on responsibility, support them as team members and also deal with resistance, lead their team with motivation to achieve top performance.
Successful leadership without authority to issue directive:
- Contemporary leadership behavior: Shaping the new role
- Behavior in the “sandwich position“
- Lateral leadership - what does it mean?
- Dealing with your superior
Success through the right tools:
- Getting to know different lateral leadership styles: Agile leadership.
- Showing natural authority
- Communication: Be careful in your wording - but set the tone
- Relationship orientation: social competence and emotional intelligence
- Appreciation and respect: live a respectful cooperation
- Increase your acceptance through professional competence
The right way to deal with conflicts:
- Create clear relationships through delegation and assignment of tasks
- Methods of leading discussions: Virtual and in person
- Dealing with resistance and difficult situations in your team
Recommendations from the field:
- "Do's & Don'ts"
- Practical and case studies for practice
- Expand your scope of action
- Self-confident appearance
After this course, you will be able to naturally manage others in the organization and take on leadership responsibilities.
- You will learn how to shape your role as a leader and receive helpful practical tips on how to deal with your employees
- You will deal with different leadership styles and find the style that suits you best
- You will learn how to master difficult situations and deal with conflicts in the right way
- You learn how to communicate with your employees in a goal-oriented manner
- Moderated discussion
- Interactive and experience-oriented exchange
- Simulation of everyday situations
- Case studies
- Reflection on one's own leadership style
The seminar Lateral Leadership is aimed at everyone who wants to take on or already has a leadership position without the formalised role of superior in a team.
Information about Lateral leadership
In cross-team and cross-departmental project work, virtual teams, mixed management teams, coordination processes between different departments or matrix organizations, it may happen that you have to lead employees or colleagues but do not assume a superior function. Do you perhaps recognize yourself in one of these situations and are unsure how best to carry out your leadership role? Then our seminar on "Professional Leadership" is just right for you.
In the seminar "Leadership without formal authority", you will learn to develop your individual leadership style and to manage situations with employees. The seminar offers many opportunities to exchange experiences with our trainer as well as other participants. You will reflect on your own expectations and learn effective methods to master challenges and conflicts with confidence. You will learn about what others expect of you and how to motivate employees.
The two day seminar takes place on the first seminar day at 10:00 to 17:00 and on the second seminar day from 09:00 to 16:00. In our training you will receive important input from our trainers with a strong practical focus on lateral leadership and how to avoid emerging conflicts.
Video about Lateral leadership
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Intercultural competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Agreements on targets and bonuses
- Health management
- Recruit and retain employees
- Environmental Social Governance