Lateral leadershipBook now
Managing successfully without hierarchical authority
This is a challenging task that can only be accomplished with natural authority, respect and recognition. Whoever manages to motivate colleagues to take on responsibility, to support them as team members as well as dealing with resistance, will be able to lead their team to achieve top results.
- Getting to know different leadership styles and their effects on the relationship between superiors and employees
- Lateral guidance - what does that mean?
- Shaping the new role: from employee to manager
- Successful leadership without managerial authority - how does that work?
- Principles of modern management behaviour
- Modus operandi in the sandwich position
- Careful with your wording - but set the tone
- Show natural authority
- Put your trust in social competence and emotional intelligence
- Practise respectful togetherness
- Increase your acceptance through professional competence and social rituals
- Use the potential of your employees
- Create clear relationships through delegation and assignment of tasks
- Methods of conducting conversations
- The "one-to-one meeting"
- Dealing with resistance in your team
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Your supervisor - how does reporting work?
- "Do's & Don'ts"
- Practical exercises and case studies
- Moderated discussion
- Interactive and experience-oriented exchange
- Simulation of everyday situations
- Case studies
- Reflection on one's own leadership style
The seminar Lateral Leadership is aimed at everyone who wants to take on or already has a leadership position without the formalised role of superior in a team.
In cross-team and cross-departmental project work, virtual teams, mixed management teams, coordination processes between different departments or matrix organizations, it may happen that you have to lead employees or colleagues but do not assume a superior function. Do you perhaps recognize yourself in one of these situations and are unsure how best to carry out your leadership role? Then our seminar on "Professional Leadership" is just right for you.
In the seminar "Leadership without formal authority", you will learn to develop your individual leadership style and to manage situations with employees. The seminar offers many opportunities to exchange experiences with our trainer as well as other participants. You will reflect on your own expectations and learn effective methods to master challenges and conflicts with confidence. You will learn about what others expect of you and how to motivate employees.
The two day seminar takes place on the first seminar day at 10:00 to 17:00 and on the second seminar day from 09:00 to 16:00. In our training you will receive important input from our trainers with a strong practical focus on lateral leadership and how to avoid emerging conflicts.
Dates and Locations( 47 Dates )
Video of seminar
All seminars on the topic
- From employee to manager
- Leadership behaviour
- Agile Leadership
- The employee appraisal
- Communication and social competence for managers
- Change Management
- Pit stop leadership
- The manager as coach and consultant
- Psychology for Managers
- Executive assistance
- Leadership training for junior staff & master craftsmen
- Virtual leadership
- Intercultural Competence
- Psychology of investor behaviour
- Female Leadership
- Female Leadership