The role of the manager is changing. In successful companies, managers are increasingly taking on the role of consultants and coaches. Coaching is becoming more important because human and organizational problems are becoming increasingly complex. In high-performance teams, the boss also becomes the coach.
- What is a coach?
- Why is the role of the coach becoming increasingly important in modern companies?
- What are the traits of a coach?
- Coaching as part of the targeted further development of the employee
- Coaching to support the achievement of goals
- The coach as a role model for employees who want to develop their talents, their knowledge and their inner resources
- Attention, caring and support as central tasks of the coach
- The coach conveys real sympathy and interest to their employees
- The coach helps and encourages their employees to learn and to take risks
- How does the coach stimulate and promote maximum performance and satisfaction among his employees and working groups?
- How does the coach foster a high level of self-confidence and willingness to cooperate among their employees?
- The coach as an advisor in conflicts and employee problems
- How does a manager develop into a coach?
- Why do successful teams need a coach as facilitator?
This seminar is also offered as part of a qualification programme.
The seminar "The leader as coach and consultant" is aimed at managers who would like to be more pro-active in their role and would like to support their employees in achieving top performance.
not more than 9 participants
1. Day: 10:00 - 17:00
2. Day: 09:00 - 16:00
Location and Dates
06.12.2021 – 07.12.2021
28.03.2022 – 29.03.2022
05.12.2022 – 06.12.2022
09.06.2022 – 10.06.2022
08.09.2022 – 09.09.2022
18.11.2021 – 19.11.2021
17.11.2022 – 18.11.2022
980,00 € (ex. VAT)
1166,20 (inc. VAT)
Included in the price: Working documents, certificate of participation, lunch and coffee breaks.
Language of Training
- Practical Training Experience
- Guaranteed Course Dates
- Established in 1975